So, I’ve started again with the running, I’ve been doing a corrupted version of the Couch to 5k where I did my best to stick to it, but then used it rather as a jumping out point.
There are a few things that I have discovered:
- I hadn’t realised how bad my cardio ability was…
- Thinking that you are going for a run later makes me want to eat less at lunch, because I find it noticeably harder to run with a full stomach – which has the advantage of meaning you eat less
- When you have a good run and hit a weird sort of zen-like state and suddenly realise you’ve been running solidly for 15 minutes, it’s pretty cool
- My coordination goes completely to pot when I start to get tired
- Good shoes are definitely a plus
- Running in sub zero temperatures in snow is kind of freaky, but not that bad
- Running in hail is no fun
Anyway, I’ve got 2 laps of the Nuts Challenge in september, so I need to really keep on with things – let’s see how far I can go by then!